This week we sit down and chat to one of theScore’s iOS team lead, Robin Senior.
1. What do you do at theScore?
I’m the iOS team lead. I oversee the iOS apps and manage our software developers.
2. How long have you been doing that for?
I’ve been working on theScore for five years. I’ve been team lead for two years.
3. What were you doing before that?
I worked on a data visualization tool for MLB players and managers to analyze their opponents and scout prospects.
4. What made you want to work here?
I was excited about the product and the idea of working on an app that was used by millions of people.
5. What is your favorite thing about working at theScore?
The people, and the ability to work on the latest technologies.
6. What’s the best ‘perk’ of working for theScore?
The patio and the barbeque!
7. What qualities does a person need to work at theScore?
Enthusiasm and a desire to always improve!
8. Do you follow sports or esports closely?
I follow sports closely.
9. What teams do you follow and why?
Jays, TFC, and Ottawa Senators. I grew up in Ottawa, and will never be a Leafs fan, much to my wife’s chagrin.
10. Besides theScore and theScore esports, what are the three mobile apps you can’t live without?
1Password, TweetBot and Reeder.