About theScore Inc.
theScore, Inc. is an independent creator of mobile-first sports experiences, connecting fans to what they love through an addictive combination of comprehensive and personalized real-time news, scores, stats and alerts via its mobile sports platforms theScore and theScore esports and fantasy sports contests via QuickDraft. theScore’s mobile sports apps are among the most popular in North America.
theScore is looking for an individual to fill a QA Automation Lead role. Our ideal candidate will have some background and working knowledge of mobile apps (iOS, Android) and coaching teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise QA team members including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Involved in new feature analysis to lead the effort in creating test plans and test strategies for them.
- Manage the planning and execution of product testing efforts.
- Implement ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
- Implement and work an automated test infrastructure in a clean and disciplined way.
- Lead QA activities which includes planning, scheduling, coordination meetings with project management and software development team.
- Partially involved in some hands on testing and assisting the team members in trouble shooting issues they encounter.
- Anticipates quality problems and takes corrective action to resolve and achieve customer commitments.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of QA experience (Mobile QA highly preferred).
- 1+ year(s) in a QA Team Lead role.
- Experience with client server systems and understanding of the types of issues that can result.
- Strong understanding of different software development cycles (waterfall and agile).
- Knowledge in the following programming languages: Ruby, Python, and Java.
- Experience and knowledge of development environment for cellular phones such as iPhone and Android.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in the environments above.
- Good knowledge of Mac and Linux operating systems.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of mainstream sports and eSports/video games.
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Awesome patio with BBQ
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 16, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
Please submit your cover letter and resume: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.