Tweet this release: http://bit.ly/aG3Y0j
TORONTO, October 6th, 2010 – Score Media Inc. (TSX: SCR) is proud to announce that its leading sports app, ScoreMobile, has been recognized as the top mobile sports app by various leading industry sources. ScoreMobile, the ultimate resource for the hardcore sports fan, providing fast, free and easy access to in-depth sports information for all major sports leagues and ScoreMobile FC, a free, comprehensive source of information for world football fans around the globe were both recently recognized for being the ultimate resource for the ultimate sports fan.
CrackBerry.com, the #1 site for BlackBerry® Users and Abusers, The Independent, one of the U.K.’s top daily newspapers, BlackBerry Partners Fund™, the leading independent venture capital firm focused exclusively on mobile computing and Distimo, a provider of in-depth mobile app ecosystem reports, have recently and independently recognized the leading application for its dominance in the industry.
“With 1.3 million monthly unique users of ScoreMobile, we know we’re filling a void in the lives of sports fans and this type of recognition from various industry sources tells us we’re doing something right,” says Dale Fallon, Director, Mobile, Score Media.
Additional details about each source are included below:
- CrackBerry.com, the #1 site for BlackBerry smartphone users, last week announced that ScoreMobile is the number one sports app available for BlackBerry users. Winners were announced at the CrackBerry Awards which were held during BlackBerry DEVCON, the annual conference for BlackBerry developers and partners.
- Rhodri Marsden, tech columnist for The Independent, a leading daily UK newspaper, recognized ScoreMobile FC as the top sports app across all platforms. ScoreMobile ranked #25 in overall apps available today.
- BlackBerry Partners Fund, the leading independent venture capital firm focused exclusively on mobile computing, also recognized the app. On September 27th, 2010, ScoreMobile was nominated as a Regional Selection in the 2010 BlackBerry Partners Fund Super Apps Developer Challenge, the Third-Annual BlackBerry Developer Challenge of its kind.
- Distimo, an innovative app store analytics company, concluded that ScoreMobile ranks #7 in the category of top, free apps in the company’s August 2010 report. The report covered the Apple App Store for iPad, the Apple App Store for iPhone, BlackBerry App World (worldwide), Google Android Market, Nokia Ovi Store, Palm App Catalog and Windows Marketplace for Mobile.
Within the last year, ScoreMobile was also named a “Top 10 Sports App” in Beckett Media’s Guide to Phone Apps and a “Top 20 free BlackBerry App” by PC Magazine.
For a complete list of all apps recognized within the abovementioned categories, visit:
- CrackBerry App Awards 2010 Winners
- The 50 Best Apps
- 2010 BlackBerry Super Apps Challenge: Regional Selections Winners
- Distimo Report – August 2010
Want to stay connected to ScoreMobile?
For more information, contact:
Score Media Inc.
About Score Media Inc.
Score Media is a media company committed to delivering interactive and authentic sports entertainment. Created in 1997 in response to the growing desire for increased participation in the consumption of sports, the Company has now established itself as the home for hardcore sports fans. Score Media’s primary asset, theScore Television Network (“theScore”), is a national specialty television service providing sports news, information, highlights and live event programming in more than 6.8 million homes across Canada. The Company’s digital media assets include theScore.com, theScore iPad Edition and the mobile sports applications ScoreMobile and ScoreMobile FC which are available on BlackBerry, iPhone and Android devices. Score Media also operates theScore Satellite Radio which is available across North America on SIRIUS Satellite Radio Channel 98. Growing from a team of 60 in 1997 to over 230 employees in 2010, Score Media is a revolutionizing interactive media company.