theScore has updated its iOS app to include a new feature called Player Alerts, where users can receive push notifications when a particular player from the NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL scores a goal, makes an assist or receives a penalty. The latter two leagues will be later added this summer and fall. Other alert options include vital player news such as injuries.
Below is an example of what a Player Alert will look like on your lock screen:
Jonathan Savage, VP of Product at theScore said “For fantasy sports fans this feature is a real game-changer,” and also “theScore has always been the perfect app for the sports fan on-the-go and now – with Player Alerts – weddings, dinner dates or business meetings will never get in the way of tracking your fantasy sports team.”
Player Alerts for Android will come later this fall. Other features part of today’s update include better social sharing, deeper league stats when in landscape view, improved alerts management including the addition of “Default Alerts” and the inclusion of a new on-boarding tutorial to teach users how to follow their favourite teams.
theScore tells us their app is being used by more than 4.2 million active mobile users per month and this update makes it the first major sports app to offer Player Alerts.
If you’re a fantasy sports freak, this new feature is going to change your life–for the better or worse. Back in late April, theScore secured $16 million in private placement financing.
Click here to download theScore for iOS–it’s free. Let us know how you like this update.
For all the sports fans out there theScore Mobile has received a decent update today to include full coverage of upcoming ‘March Madness’ from the NCAA College Basketball tournament, breaking news push alerts for your favourite leagues (NHL, NBA, NFL and MLB), easier customization of league ordering, and more. Not much to say here other than to download this if you love sports.
What’s New in Version 3.5.3
• NCAA College Basketball Tournament – full coverage of draw and all games. Turn on Upset Tracker alerts to be notified in real time of any potential upsets! The All Games alert will notify you at the end of every tournament game with the final score.
• Breaking News push alerts for your favorite leagues – We’ve now got breaking news alerts for the biggest trades, injuries and happenings – for NHL, NBA, NFL and MLB. Turn them on when you go into the “News” section for each league. You can turn them off easily in the settings area.
• Customize your league ordering even easier on iPhone – click “More Leagues” and tap the plus / minus buttons.
• Proper team calendar names for full seasons.
• Optimizations to team alerts. Note: If you want to make any changes to your alerts you can customize all alerts under settings now.
• Full coverage of NBA Trade Deadline in the Scores and News sections. Live Feb 18th.
Back in October, ScoreMedia was acquired by Rogers, with the latter also having a 10% stake into ScoreDigital, the maker of theScore.
Click here to download theScore for iOS, it’s free and also a universal app.